Cani Malati

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cani Malati Team

This was the Cani Malati team forum from Season 42 until Season 62. It now serves as a read-only archive.

2 posters

PAELLA (A Meal in a Pan)

Andrew Wilden
    Andrew Wilden
    Admin

PAELLA (A Meal in a Pan) Empty PAELLA (A Meal in a Pan)

Post by Andrew Wilden Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:11 pm

Well Ahmet, if you cook this for that "Chick" & she isn't impressed, I would be very,very surprised Mate.
    Another late one, early morning  Wink  Wink  Wink  Razz  Razz  Razz

At my age, Stuff that, too Good to share except with Scott & David  Laughing

This is an ABSOLUTELY Amazing Meal, & you would Happily pay Top $ for this in a Restaurant, but now you can cook it at Home yourself, & take all the Credit Cool

Not a difficult Meal to Prepare & Cook, but not a Simple one either.
    You certainly wouldn't teach a teenager to Cook for the first time with this recipe.

Cooking Time;

Prep; ~25 to 35 minutes
    Cook; ~35 to 45 minutes.(1st attempt allow a little extra time)
    Serves 4 to 6 (easily 2 meals for the 3 of us)

INGREDIENTS

Olive Oil

4 Boned Chicken thigh fillets, each cut into 4 pieces (or 2x Large Chicken Breast fillets, cut into large bite size pieces) ~850 grams for either.

1 Large Red Capsicum, chopped again into bite size pieces.

1 Tablespoon chopped Parsley

400 to 450 grams Marinara Mix (if unavailable substitute a jar or tin of marinara mix, or tin small prawns, mussels, calamari rings, scallops, etc to about the same combined weight)

2 cups Long Grain Rice

2 or 3 Cloves of Garlic, crushed & roughly chopped

1 medium/large Brown Onion, sliced top to base

1/2 teaspoon Ground Turmeric

4 cups of Chicken Stock

1 cup Frozen Peas

125 grams Salami, thinly sliced.

1 Lemon, cut into 6 wedges as a Garnish.

METHOD

1; Part A: Soak Rice in Cold water for about 10 minutes, drain, rinse under Cold running water & drain again.

1; Part B: Heat Olive Oil in a Large Heavy Base Pan/Pot & add the Chicken Pieces. Cook over Medium/High Heat until Golden Brown turning once. Remove from Pan & Drain on absorbent Paper Towel & set aside.

1; Part C: Add a little more Olive Oil to the Pan, add Capsicum, Parsley & Marinara Mix & stir fry for 1 or 2 minutes, over Medium/High Heat; remove & Set aside.

NOTE; Recipe said to do ALL of this in the same Pot/Pan.
    I actually had the Rice started in the Heavy Based Pan/Pot while I did Part B & C in a Non-Stick Wok or Frying Pan at the same time. (Obviously just soak your Rice earlier to do this)

2; Heat extra Olive Oil in the Pan, add Garlic & Onion. Cook on Medium Heat for a few minutes until the Onion is translucent & starting to go Golden, DO NOT BURN !!! Add a little extra oil as required.
    Add rice, stir well to make sure ALL Grains are well coated with olive oil.
    Stir in Turmeric, then add the Chicken Stock, stir & cover with a tight fitting lid.

3; Bring Stock slowly to the Boil; stir once.
    Reduce Heat, simmer covered for 8 to 10 minutes.
    Place chicken on top of the rice, cover & cook over low heat for a further 10 minutes.

4; Add Capsicum & Marinara Mix, Peas & Salami. Stir well then cover & cook on Low Heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until almost all the liquid is absorbed.

5; Remove from Heat, stand, covered for about 5 minutes or until ALL the liquid is absorbed & the Rice is tender. Separate rice grains with a fork, just before serving on a large platter garnished with lemon wedges.
    or
    Simply serve in Bowls for individuals if Only two of you.

PAELLA (A Meal in a Pan) Paella1

As I said, this is an Incredible Meal & once you Perfect it, you will do it over & over again.  Cool

Ahmet, Mate if this doesn't help you get into her pants after Dinner !!!
    Something is seriously wrong with your Cooking Mate lol!

ENJOY Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers Andrew
    XavierPorta
    XavierPorta
    Cane Malato
    Cane Malato

PAELLA (A Meal in a Pan) Empty Re: PAELLA (A Meal in a Pan)

Post by XavierPorta Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:31 pm

Paella is a typical Spanish meal and one of my favorite foods. : LOL:
    I am very happy with the recipe that Andrew wrote. If you travel to Spain, will need to test it in restaurants near the Mediterranean coast.
    Andrew Wilden
    Andrew Wilden
    Admin

Post by Andrew Wilden Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:41 pm

XavierPorta wrote:Paella is a typical Spanish meal and one of my favorite foods. : LOL:
    I am very happy with the recipe that Andrew wrote. If you travel to Spain, will need to test it in restaurants near the Mediterranean coast.

Thanks Mate, Good to know, I have it right. Cool
    I am actually Cooking it Tomorrow Very Happy

I need a Good MOJO Sauce Recipe, do you have one ??

Cheers Andrew
    XavierPorta
    XavierPorta
    Cane Malato
    Cane Malato

Post by XavierPorta Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:51 pm

MOJO sauce is typical too from Spain, but it's from Canary Islands, I'm living in Barcelona and I'm not familiarized with this recipe. I'm sorry !
    it's a very spicy sauce and if you'll elaborate it , take o photo too!
    Cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 am